Medical Documentation Consulting
The K. Friedrichs Consulting team has years of experience within the health care industry from bedside
nursing, workflow analysis facilitation, training, go-live support, to performance improvement initiatives.
We work with our health care clients to devise and develop a variety of successful written solutions:
- comprehensive training content for medical software implementations including targeted user
(physicians, nurses, ancillary staff) materials and awareness information
- tool kits containing best practices, literature review findings, and expert recommendations from
area hospital council members (physicians, pharmacists, nurses) on patient safety issues (safe
administration of high-risk IV medications, ICU sedation guidelines, PCA guidelines)
- journal articles editing focused on health care best practices
- applications for health care operational excellence (Malcolm Baldrige and ANCC Nursing
Magnet) and new programs (accountable care organizations, Center for Medicare and Medicaid
- Participated in the compiling, analyzing, writing, and editing of California Awards for
Performance Excellence (CAPE) ™ (state program) for Family Health Centers of San Diego
(2011 Bronze winner - 1st application) and Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award (nation's
highest presidential honor for quality and organizational performance excellence) application for
Sharp HealthCare (2007 national winner).
- Certified as an Examiner, Baldrige and California Awards for Performance Excellence™
Board, 2005 and 2006.
- Managed application process for Magnet Recognition Program® (initial and redesignation) for
Sharp Grossmont Hospital and Sharp Memorial Hospital, resulting in award of Magnet status for
- Edited application for Accountable Care Organization for Sharp HealthCare resulting in
selection to participate in the Pioneer Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Model, a new
initiative sponsored by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Innovation Center.
- Produced patient safety tool kits containing best practices, literature review findings, and expert
recommendations from area hospital council members (physicians, pharmacists, nurses) on
patient safety issues (safe administration of high-risk IV medications, ICU sedation guidelines,
and PCA guidelines) (see San Diego Patient Safety Council)